Sunday, September 25, 2011

Snoopy Bird House


Here's the World War I flying ace in his Sopwith Camel.  "Curse you, Red Baron!"

I have been thinking about this bird house for several days, and finally decided to take it on.  I looked up images of the WWI flying ace online and free handed something like this one from memory.


I cut it out, assembled it, primed it, painted the roof, and sketched out Snoopy all in an afternoon. Then I set it aside to dry for a day. 

Here's the bird house ready to be detailed.

After it had dried, I got some new paints and finished it up.  Next spring, this should make some birds a new home. 


I am visualizing some new houses even now. This was fun.

Completed: 9-25-11

2 comments:

Hera said...

Nice Bird House! Matches our red front door :) Hint! Hint!

ScottSr1950 said...

Any chance of building one for my wife? I would be willing to pay in advance.. Paypal or ?? I live just outside of Portland Oregon. If you would be interested in making ME and my wife happy you can email me at scottsr@aol.com.
Thanks... Great Job !!