Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Bathroom Vanity Redo

Wednesday, December 18.  Today, I ripped out the old vanity in the Master Bath. I was able to install the new countertop and sinks. I will be replacing the floor and making a new front with three doors.
This is the before picture.  We had already painted the walls.
The new top is an inch and a half deeper, and I raised it 3.5 inches.




Thursday, December 19
I rebuilt the floor for the vanity, and we bought new medicine 
cabinets/mirrors.  Tomorrow we will be redoing the water 
supplies and put in cut-off valves.

Friday, December 20, Happy birthday, Tim.
My neighbor friend, Phil L., came over and helped me redo the water supply
under the sinks. Now, I have cut-off valves.

After Phil left, I finished off the frame for the vanity. This
is the fitting. It fit.

Here it is sanded and stained.  Marcia picked out the stain,
Golden Oak. It is just right.
I also finished the doors and put concealed hinges on them. Tomorrow, I will be putting a couple of coats of poly on the frame and the doors. Because of the smell, I will leave them in the shed a day or two before final installation. More to come...

Saturday, December 21

Two coats of poly, new door knobs, doors hung, and initial final fitting.
I am very satisfied.


Before and after. Click on picture to enlarge.
December 23
I put in two slide out shelves in the middle section. Now, it is done.

No comments: