Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Double Edged Shaving

I created a new page on double edged shaving. It is about my return to an earlier shaving technology.
http://jayaruh.blogspot.com/p/double-edged-shaving.html

Whereas shaving used to be a chore, it is now a delight. I generate my own lather and shave with a double-edged razor.


Pictured above are a vintage Gillette Aristocrat DE razor (1940's), my dad's vintage Schick injector razor (1940's), and Marcia's grandpa's shaving brush.

The Schick has a wooden handle that my Dad had fashioned. Evidently he replaced the original handle at some point. I got this razor from my brother Dick who told me that Dad had given it to him. In fact on one side of the handle you can barely see where "Dick H Roe" has been inscribed. There is what looks like a little palm tree on the other side.

No comments: