Thursday, March 8, 2012

Creating a New Bird House

I have been making these drawings of First Baptist Church in Dresden, OH.  That is where Marcia and I were married in 1973.  I want to make it into a dwelling for at least 5 bird families. I am in the drawing/planning stage now. I will post progress later.

Did a lot today, Saturday. See below. There are eleven "apartments."
I will make the roof so it is removable for cleaning. Next, I will be sanding and painting.


Monday, March 12, I fixed the roof so I can remove it. I've sanded it, and started to fill holes and caulk seams. Because of impending rain, I called it a day about half way through.

Wednesday, March 14.  Finished detailing, put up the pole and mounted on the pole. I used the same paint as the shed and a sort of burgundy for the roof. Windows are black and trim is white.

Now, I want to add a perch for each hole. I am debating whether to do one for each hole or make a single perch all the way across. Cogitating for the moment. Tomorrow is a new day.